Membership is open to any Australian resident, to corporate bodies, diplomatic representatives, schools and those studying in Australia.
Annual membership entitles members to the following:
- Attendance to Institute functions at a reduced rate
- A convivial period to converse with people who are interested in international affairs before and after the speaking engagement
- Opportunity to meet and learn from speakers who are distinguished in their field
- Newsletters with details of the regular speakers' program
- Opportunity to participate in periodic overseas study tours, which include introductions to trade and diplomatic personnel AIIAV-members
- Receipt of the quarterly 'Australian Journal of International Affairs' (NB: spouse members not included)
- Members receive a monthly email including flyers for upcoming events and newsletters. These mailouts may be received by post at an extra charge of $30.00.
Please pay online via the AIIA VIC Branch Membership Form (recommended) or download and complete the AIIAV-Membership-Application-Form-2013-2014 (193.55 kB) and post or fax the form to us.
Membership subscription renewals are due on 30 June each year.
New members joining between 1 December and 31 March pay half-annual subscription as it is only valid until the end of that financial year; after April 1 the subscription is valid for the next financial year.
All rates are GST inclusive. (ABN 42 727 001 279)
|Membership 2013-2014||Rate ($AU)||Former Membership Type(s)|
|Standard||135.00||Ordinary, Individual Consular|
|Concession1||88.00||Retired, Country/OS (over 50km)|
|Institutional||375.00||Institutional, Corporate, Consulate|
Correspondence by post
- Concession membership is valid for retirees, individuals living overseas, and residents living more than 50km from metropolitan Melbourne.
- Full-time students must include in their membership application or renewal a photocopy of a valid student card or proof of full-time enrolment and to show the card on request at events.
- School Membership is exempt from the surcharge for correspondence by post.
A couple living in Geelong apply for membership in December 2013. The half-annual membership is valid until June 30, 2014. They choose to receive correspondence via post mail rather than via email. The cost is $106.50
Concesion half-yearly rate $44
Spouse half-yearly rate $32.50
Postage fee $30
Total membership fees due $106.50